Saturday 22 April 2017

Tip for using the Sanctuary

Note on 26 June 2017: This is a very old post...  I believe now that it is best to collect Tokens and NOT use them at all to Revive any one until you have met all the 'Goals'... there are Goals in Egypt that require you to collect a specific number of Tokens, a Goal in fact for each type of Token.  For example, you need to collect 10 Yellow Tokens.  Unless there is a Seasonal Creature in the Revive Pyramid that ought to be revived before it disappears, save your Tokens and keep collecting until you have achieved all the Token Goals, then begin to revive the Creatures in the Pyramid.

Introduction
xxxxxxxxxx

When you reach Level 35, you will unlock the Revive Pyramid and the Sanctuary.   If you have saved a number of Creatures in your Inventory rather than selling your duplicate Creatures, you will be in a good condition to Revive a Creature fairly soon afterwards.

It is not enough to unlock the Sanctuary.  One needs to build the Revive Pyramid should one ever wish to revive any Creature!  The cost is not dear in terms of Stone: only 30,000 Stones to build it.

Once built, you will see a list of the Creatures that can be revived with their costs:  I have included a list below of all Revive Creatures with the Tokens needed to bring each into existence.

After Moving your Creature into a Habitat, you should tap on the Habitat and then tap on the icon of the Creature in the Habitat to open a menu that will allow you to 'Feed' it.  All the food you have harvested from your Food Farms will be available and you need to feed the Creature at least until it reaches Level 4, which is the adult stage.  If you have not built any of the Statues, your creatures can be raised to Level 10, making it the highest possible earner of its type until you unlock and build the Statues.   At the start, feed your Creature first to Level 4 to be able to use it in breeding and then to Level 10 to allow it to generate the greatest number of Coins.

The Token you receive when you sacrifice any Creature depends on the type of Creature you use.  Each Creature gives one of two possible Tokens based on its parent types.  Any Creature with a Hawk or Hawk Hybrid as a parent can give a Grey (Wing) Token.

The correspondences are:

Jackel: Yellow Token (Star)
Cat: Red Token (Ankh)
Serpent: Purple Token (Dagger)
Crocodile: Blue Token (Water)
Human: Green Token (Eye of Horus or Udjat)
Hawk: Grey Token (Wing)

I made a list below of all the permanent Creatures that can be sent down the river, but it is sufficient to know the basic correspondences for each type of Token.  Note that neither Sand nor Vizier Creatures are qualified for use as Sacrifices.  At this point in time, therefore, you safely can sell any duplicate Vizier or Sand Creature if you need Coins.

The Grey Tokens are the most difficult to obtain.  No Winged Creature has a better than 20% chance of yielding one.  Most of the Creatures that can be revived are permanent ones.  There is no time limit, therefore, for them in terms of being able to find them in the Revive Pyramid.  Since i began to play, however, there have been two 'seasonal' Revive Creatures.  The first was the Jackal King, now gone.  The second is the Vizier Reindeer, who still is available.  For the Vizier Reindeer, one needs a total of 8 Grey Tokens.  At the time of its release, I had only 6 in my possession.  I had to sacrifice at least 20 more Winged Creatures to obtain the 2 Grey Tokens I lacked.  Were it not for the fact that Diamonds were being offered at a sale price and I therefore was able to use speed-ups, I never would have achieved the goal.

TIP:  ALWAYS CONTINUE TO SACRIFICE CREATURES EVEN IF YOU HAVE OBTAINED ALL CURRENT REVIVE CREATURES.

An auxiliary to this is that, once you have all existing Creatures in the game, you should try to breed winged Creatures regularly for sacrifice.  As the Grey Token is the most difficult to obtain, breeding a constant supply of winged Creatures with a 20% chance of yielding a Grey Token is an excellent strategy.  I try to sacrifice a Winged Creature daily if not twice daily.

Obviously, when a new Seasonal Creature or even permanent Creature has been released, I try to breed that one instead, but once I again have all Creatures in the game, I return to the strategy of breeding winged creatures.  Fortunately, many of these take no more than 10 hours to breed.

I love this game but find this aspect of it rather gruesome.  There is a fundamental ethical issue here:  will I sacrifice living if virtual creatures in order to obtain rare ones???  I suppose I shall, but am a little ashamed of myself...

Here are the correspondences for the list of permanent Creatures that can be sacrificed in terms of the probability of obtaining each of the Tokens they can yield:

Anubis: 70% Yellow, 30% Green
Anumau 55% Yellow, 45% Red
Sekhmet: 30% Green, 70% Red
Ashacobra: 60% Yellow, 40% Purple
Wadjet: 20% Grey, 80% Purple
Apenaja 40% Purple, 60% Red
Horucobra 20% Grey, 80% Purple
Thoth 20% Grey, 80% Green
Sphinx: 30% Green, 70% Red
Ininekhe: 20% Grey, 80% Green
Maunekhe: 30% Green, 70% Red
Iniape: 70% Purple, 30% Green
Pharaoh: 70% Yellow, 30% Green
High Priest: 55% Yellow, 45% Red
Pyramidhead: 70% Purple, 30% Green
Avaris: 30% Green, 70% Blue
Horux: 70% Yellow, 30% Green
Ptahmose: 70% Yellow, 30% Green
Hemaka; 70% Purple, 30% Green
Hapi: 30% Green, 70% Red
Urasobe: 65% Purple, 35% Blue
Aunekhe: 80% Yellow, 20% footprint
Maudile: 35% Blue, 65% Red
Ptah: 30% Green, 70% Blue
Osiris: 70% Purple, 30% Green
Iniau: 70% Yellow, 30% Green
Warhorse: 55% Yellow, 45% Red
Herumix: 20% Grey, 80% Red
Sobeau: 65% Yellow, 35% Green
Maunekh: 20% footprint, 80% Red
Urainiama: 70% Purple, 30% Green
Mauasha: 55% Yellow, 45% Red
Horusobe: 20% Grey, 80% Blue
Mausukh: 35% Blue, 65% Red
Cobrau: 60% Yellow, 40% Purple
Jackadile:  65% Yellow, 35% Blue
Maucobra: 40% Purple, 60% Red
Sukhoapep: 65% Purple, 35% Blue

Creatures in Inventory are not eligible for Sacrifice, nor are Creatures lower than Level 4.  I do not see any point in using a high level creature.  They are NOT worth more in Tokens, nor do the percentages change at all.  Initially,  I took a Level 1 Auneckhe from Inventory and swapped him with a high level one, leveled him up to Level 4 and then renamed him 'Victim' so that there would be no confusion when I took him to the Altar.  Once in the Sanctuary, I chose the Victim and rather to my consternation, he was placed in a boat and sent down the river!  Very, very graphic... had thought the sacrifice would be hidden and more painless.

Another surprise is that the sacrifice process will take 12 hours.  I do not know if that is how long the journey itself will take towards whatever dark destination is his, or if that is a bureaucratic time period required to process the paperwork!  Anyway, gone was he and I awaited the result.

You CAN use speed-ups on any Sacrifice as well as on the process of Revival once it has begun.

Note that I received only ONE Token for the sacrifice of my poor Creature.  Initially, it was a long journey to the point where I could revive any one.

I have to confess that I thought the amounts needed were outrageous until I realised I had misread them all grossly.   I was misreading the slash (/) as a seven or one I think!  Good thing no one really had used this guide yet.  I was sending creatures randomly down the river, thinking that it would take YEARS no matter what to earn enough Tokens to revive any one.  Now I shall attempt to sacrifice Creatures who will give the tokens I need.  I have almost enough amazingly to revive my first Creature.   Instead of 71 Blue Tokens, all I need is 1!  (This was written a few months ago.  I now have revived all existing Creatures, including the recent Seasonal ones).

Ammit: 2 Yellow Tokens,  1 Blue, 2 Red
  Time to Revive: 12 hours

Renenutet: 4 Yellow Tokens, 3 Purple, 1 Green
  Time to Revive: 1 Day

Behemoth: 5 Yellow, 1 Grey, 2 Blue, 3 Red
  Time to Revive: 2 Days

Manticore: 2 Grey, 5 Purple, 3 Green, 3 Red
  Time to Revive: 3 Days

Shezmu: 3 Silver Grey, 5 Purple, 4 Green, 4 Blue, 5 Red
  Time to Revive: 4 Days

Anibis: 5 Grey, 5 Purple, 6 Green, 4 Blue, 7 Red
  Time to Revive: 4 Days

On 18 November, a new Seasonal Creature was added to the list:

  Jackal King: 7 Grey, 7 Purple, 6 Green, 10 Blue, 5 Red

No longer active!

A new Seasonal Creature was added to the Revive Pyramid list for Christmas/New Year:

Vizier Reindeer:  8 Grey, 9 Purple, 7 Green, 8 Blue, 5 Red

Seasonal Revive Creatures
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Initially, I did not realise that there were Seasonal Revive Creatures in the same fashion as the Seasonal Creatures in the Market or Mystic Pyramid.  These are available only for a brief time during the Season to which they are attributed, so if you want one, make certain that you move quickly to Revive it.  It is where Seasonal Creatures are concerned that the use of speed-ups can be critical.

For example, when the Vizier Reindeer was released, I had all the Tokens needed to Revive him with the exception of two missing Grey Tokens.  If I had waited for the ordinary time period for Sacrifices, I never would have achieved the goal.  After all, the chance of obtaining a Grey Token from ANY winged Creature is only 20%.  I was obliged to Sacrifice at least 20 Winged Creatures before I obtained the 2 Grey Tokens that I lacked for the Vizier Reindeer.

N.B.  In view of the appearance of these Seasonal Creatures periodically, I suggest that all players Sacrifice their Creatures on a regular Basis to amass Tokens, even if they have revived all existing Creatures...

The Tokens all are objects or symbols.  The Grey is a wing,  the Purple is a Dagger, the Green is the Eye of Horus, Blue is flowing Water and Red is an Ankh.  I believe they are hieroglyphic letters actually.  I recognise a couple of them.  Have to look in one of my books on Ancient Egypt...