Tuesday 15 November 2016

Ancient Egyptian Phrases and Freyashawk Age of Pyramids Group on Facebook

I always have loved languages.  The more obscure they are, the more they interest me.  I created a little Group on Facebook for Age of Pyramids, hoping that some of the players who use Global Chat in the game especially will join.  The Global Chat is essentially for game help and conversation is limited at best.  On Facebook, there is no limit to the amount of conversation a player can have with others.

It occurred to me that it would be interesting if we learned a few basic phrases in Ancient Egyptian.  I believe it is most similar to modern Coptic.

I will create a page on this site for the phrases that you will be able to access through a tab link at the top of any post.

Meanwhile, however, here is the first phrase:

English:  Live forever!
Ancient Egyptian:  A'nkh djet!

It is a polite and very charming greeting.